Remarkable so called ‘T-chairs’ designed by William Katavolos, Ross Littell and Douglas Kelley, and manufactured by ICF De Padova Italy 1952. These three-legged chairs have chrome plated tubular metal frames which is connected by a black painted T shaped connection. The name T chair comes actually from the 2 T shaped parts in this design. The black connection between the three legs is a T and the chrome plated legs are a T if you look at them from the side and back. . The leather is connected to the frame on three points only resulting in an elegant floating seat. These chairs have fantastic original natural leather seats with a patina that is in relation to their age, without real damages to the leather. In our opinion the leather only shows character with this patina. The leather is still strong and firm and looks absolutely great. In 1952 William Katavolos, Douglas Kelley and Ross Littell, graduate of The Pratt Institute in New York embarked on a six-year collaboration in designing textiles, dinnerware and furniture at Laverne which was established in 1938. One of their most popular and distinguished designs was the T-chair. The chair is in the permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Very nice set of 3 chairs but can be purchased separately. Priced and sold per chair.
Leather is reconditioned with a leather care product special for vintage leather.
|Designer:||Katavolos, Kelley and Littell|
|Manufacturer:||ICF de Padova|
|Materials:||Chrome, metal, leather|
|Condition:||Good, with patina|
|Holland / Belgium:||€ Free|
|Europe:||€ 150 - 450|
|Outside Europe:||€ 450 - 650|