Strikingly beautiful, organic shaped cherry wooden sculpture designed and made by Francesco Fedeli, Milano Italy 1967. This beautiful shaped sculpture is made of solid cherry wood and has a beautiful shape. The entire sculpture is in harmony and its beautiful from every angle. The size is also nice as it will not be easy to get around. The sculpture is signed FEDELI 67 at the square wooden base and also has a paper label on the bottom with some information in Italian.
Francesco Fedeli was Born in Milan in 1911, from an early age he showed a particular inclination for the figurative arts and when he was only fifteen he began attending the studio of the painters Pasquale Bossi and Mario Broggi in Gallarate. Two years later he became the assistant of the fresco painter Carlo Cocquio, developing a style destined to leave a mark in his future production. He then enrolled at the Brera Academy, where he will have Umberto Lilloni as a teacher. Those were years of study and creative fervor that led him, in 1931, at the age of twenty, to exhibit his works in a group exhibition at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Milan. The first solo show dates back to 1937, with 60 paintings, at the Piccola Mostra in Milan. After the war, he resumed his pictorial activity. He also took up teaching, having been for fifteen years (1945-1960) holder of the chair of painting and composition at the Higher School of Art of the Castello Sforzesco in Milan. He was teacher of the Treviso painter Aurelio Villanova.
|Holland / Belgium:||€ Free|
|Europe:||€ 100 - 250|
|Outside Europe:||€ 250 - 350|